7 Sept 2011

Apollo 18 (2011)/Movie Review

Release Date: 2 September 2011 (India)   Runtime: USA:88 min
Genres: Horror | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Taglines: There's a reason we've never gone back to the moon.

Director:  Gonzalo López-Gallego
Writers:   Brian Miller (screenplay), Cory Goodman
Stars:  Warren Christie, Lloyd Owen and Ryan Robbins

Decades-old found footage from NASA's abandoned Apollo 18 mission, where two American astronauts were sent on a secret expedition, reveals the reason the U.S. has never returned to the moon.

Budget: $5,000,000 (estimated)
Production Co:  Apollo 18 Productions, Bekmambetov Projects Ltd. (BPL)
Filming Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
REVIEW
This film is best summed up by my comment to my brother when he got up to go to the toilet and asked me to tell him what happened. 'I don't think you'll miss much' I said, and was correct. To be fair, I would have been correct if he hadn't bothered coming back, or even hadn't come in the first place.

Very poor character development. Practically no suspense developed throughout, and even poorly faked. High def images overlaid with cine-camera 'crackle', anyone?

Compare this with the more traditionally filmed, and more obviously sci fi 'Moon', and I don't think anyone will prefer Apollo 18.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts .